Skip to content

Welcome to EyeWitness101! Today is : August 30, 2025

  • Home
  • Business
  • News
  • Sport
  • World
  • Uncategorized
  • FEATURED

ikeja

  • FEATURED

    Court adjourns trial of man arraigned for hacking 2,000 savings account

    Justice O. O. Abike-Fadipe of the Special Offences Court in [...]

    February 9, 2022
  • FEATURED

    Olu Of Ikeja: Drama Looms As Royal Kingmakers and households Reject New King-Designate

    The Oluwo of Ikeja Land, Chief Adeniyi Illo and Prince [...]

    January 29, 2022
  • FEATURED

    EFCC Arraigns Businesswoman For Issuing N57.6 m Dud Cheque in Lagos (Photo)

    < img src =" https://eyewitness101.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/efcc-arraigns-businesswoman-for-issuing-n57-6m-dud-cheque-in-lagos-photo.jpg" width =" 420" height =” [...]

    January 28, 2022
  • FEATURED

    2023: Sanwo-Olu, Lagos authorities, APC leaders endorse Tinubu for President

    Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State, state government authorities and [...]

    January 27, 2022
  • FEATURED

    Another Student Involved In Ojodu Truck Accident Dies Two Months After

    Earnest Ibeh, a Junior Secondary School 2 student of Omole [...]

    January 26, 2022
  • FEATURED

    Baba Ijesha To Open Defence Against S3xual Assault Allegation On February 17 825670622 173 Baba Ijesha The Sexual Offences Court being in Ikeja, Lagos has repaired February 17 for embattled Nollywood star, Olanrewaju James, commonly referred to as Baba Ijesha, to open his defence over claims of sexually attacking a minor.Baba Ijeshais facing 6 counts verging on the indecent treatment of a child, sexual assault, attempted sexual assault by penetration, and sexual assault by penetration.He had pleaded not guilty to all the counts when he was arraigned on June 24 last year.When the case was called on Wednesday, defence counsel Dotun Ajulo told the court that though the proceedings were scheduled for adoption of the address of a ‘no-case submission’, the defendant had chosen to get in a defence.“The accused has actually chosen to safeguard the matter properly, so we didn’t trouble to file a no-case submission once again,” he said.The brand-new Lagos State Director of Public Prosecution (DPP), Dr Jide Martins, who had himself simply come into the matter following the elevation of the previous DPP, challenged the request for an adjournment.After listening to both celebrations, Justice Taiwoconcurred that Ajulo had actually never appeared on the matter.She specified that the DPP was also new to the matter as theprevious DPP, Mrs Olayinka Adeyemi, had actually been elevated and designated a judge of the Lagos State High Court.” I grant the extravagance of the defendant as the senior advocates have actually always appeared in court,”the judge said.” We can not drag this matter. If they are not in court at the next adjourneddate, we will simply need to proceed. “The court then adjourned till February 17 and 18, for the defendantto open his defence.

    The court adjourned till February 17 and 18, for the [...]

    January 26, 2022
  • FEATURED

    EFCC Chairman, Bawa Testifies In Court In N1.4 billion Fraud Trial

    Abdulrasheed Bawa, the Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial [...]

    January 25, 2022
  • FEATURED

    Pastor Bags Life Imprisonment For R * ping And Impregnating His Underage In-law

    Ofure Rey Siakpere A 38-year-old pastor has been sentenced to [...]

    January 22, 2022
  • FEATURED

    Mompha Imprisoned For Not Meeting Bail Conditions

    Mompha and his business, Ismalob Global Investment Ltd., were arraigned [...]

    January 26, 2022
  • FEATURED

    Nigerian Businessman Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Defiling And Impregnating His In-Law

    File image Ofure Siakpere, a 38-year-old businessman, was on Wednesday [...]

    January 26, 2022
Previous123Next

Bringing you the latest news and insights, Everyday!

Page load link

Emir

Emir of Zazzau, Alhaji Shehu Idris

Following the death of Emir of Zazzau, Alhaji Shehu Idris, the Kaduna State Government has declared three days mourning in the state.

The Special Adviser to the Governor Nasir el-Rufai on Media and Communication, Mr Muyiwa Adekeye, announced this in a statement this morning.

Adekeye said public offices would open on September 21 and September 22 but “there will be a public holiday on September 23 to honour his memory’’.

The statement was titled, “Kaduna declares three days mourning for late Emir of Zazzau”.

It read, “The Kaduna State Government has declared three days of mourning for the late Emir of Zazzau, HH Alh. Shehu Idris. Public offices will open as normal on 21 and 22 September 2020.

“There will be a public holiday on 23 September to honour his memory.

“Flags will fly at half-mast during the mourning period.”

The emir died at the 44 Army Reference Hospital, Kaduna on Sunday at the age of 84.

ToriNG

main menu
  • Home
  • Business
  • News
  • Sport
  • World
  • Uncategorized
  • FEATURED
recent posts
  • Biafra: Kanu’s family opens on IPOB’s management
    Categories: FEATURED, News
  • Secondary School Students Goes Wild, Stabs Fellow Student To Death In Akwa Ibom
    Categories: FEATURED
  • Akwa Ibom Govt orders closure of school as presumed cultist stabs trainee to death
    Categories: FEATURED, News
get connected
Go to Top